tattoos

Friday, November 25, 2011

We're All Mad Here



I love theme parties. My favourite part (besides dressing up!) is dressing up the table. It sets the mood for the party and the process of brainstorming and putting it all together is sooooo fun. Here are some past parties we've done and particular table / party settings I'm most fond of. We'll begin with...


1950's Boardgame Night


Unfortunately this is the only photo I could find. This was a fun idea. We dressed up the table in the classic Coca Cola red and served finger foods like chicken nuggets and mini pizza bites. Everyone came dressed up in soda pop girl costumes and cats eye glasses, and we played boardgames all night.




Hillbilly Party


The lovely Danyelle in her gingham reds and denim blues. The menu consisted of chips, pretzels, BBQ hotdogs and beer, of-course. The perfect summer backyard setting.





Halloween Parties











And my personal all-time fav...


Harajuku Girls Mad Tea Party



I of-course used Alice in Wonderland's Mad Tea Party as my inspiration...


Which is endless on ideas and ideas, overflowing -- till my tea cup runneth over. Bah.









This was by far my most favourite party to put together. I had such a blast preparing for the party; researching ideas, and shopping for props. I would even love to do this idea again, only next time I think it would be cute to make it a true tea party -- where we actually drink, TEA..!! It would be fun to get together in the early afternoon, drink tea, and eat (mainly cookies and cupcakes) to our hearts delight.


And what if this time we dressed up as the characters..?? haha, okay, I might be pushing it.  ;)





Aren't these table settings soooooo wonderfully sweet?! Want to see more of these tea cups and cake stands?!! You can view them here at Cake Stand Heaven.

Also, isn't this Mad Hatter tea cup set so cute??  :)


Endless on the ideas -- ENDLESS!! If I had a backyard I'd love to do this tea party outside too...



Now, the thing that sparked this idea again was last months Better Homes and Gardens Special Halloween issue.


Inside they had a special spread on throwing a halloween party with the theme of Alice in Wonderland's Mad Tea Party.


With ideas on the invitations...


Table settings and costumes...


Food and recipes...


Drinks...


And decorations...



I love this idea on the flowers!! The very thing I've been creating with my hair accessories...




Umm, check out this girls manicure... Eeeeee!!!!


And this snowglobe...


I also LOVE the A Mad Tea Party snowglobe...




Drink Me snowglobe...


Alice with her Mad Friends. I bought this one at Disneyland last year  :)


Anyways, like usual I'm getting sidetracked here. I'm going to go now and try and convince my friends to buy Alice in Wonderland costumes for another Tea Party...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger