tattoos

Thursday, November 10, 2011

andy.


I have never done this before so I decided to read a few of the recent entries to see what others were doing.  I was pretty amazed at all of the gushy stuff that is out there about Aubry….  There were a lot of toasts, a couple things which were just gross, so I am going to focus on the roast side of B-day wishes. 
I really don’t know what all the fuss is about. 

 I’ve known Aubry for a little over 6 years and I just don’t get it.  

She came in for a 2nd interview so we can offer her a job and she shows up 15 minutes late with bloodshot eyes.  She was obviously distraught about the possibility of living in this great state of Utah that I have loved my whole life (I still can’t believe we offered her the job).

We all speak a little more clearly around here because her Professor Higgins side comes out quite often to correct our Utah grammar and pronunciations without the “T” (we live in Utah, that is normal here).  No one, even our clients, is exempt from a good professor Higgins correction. 

When she calls me on my speaker phone I have to turn down the volume on the speaker because she is, believe it or not, louder than me.

Every month for the past 2 ½ years I have had to travel to St. George so we can work on the best project I will probably ever work on in my career and I have to spend it with her.  In fact, one of those trips was my 40th birthday and I was stuck with these two yahoo’s.  



While on these trips, she hangs out in the air-conditioned rental car while her co-workers trudge through the hot sand to take pictures or evaluate some large rock cut (fascinating stuff).  I’m sure she is updating her facebook page or posting another “Practically Perfect in Every Way” entry on her blog.



She doesn’t wear sensible shoes.  When we are doing a site visit to the archeological digs so she ends up going back to the car early because the sand is too hot for her feet (style before sensibility…really?).



Speaking of style, what is up with all the comments about her sense of style?  She doesn’t wear khaki paints with plaid shirts; and what is up with that bright red lipstick.

She joins us on our man-cations and throws five crown cards at me because I end up pulling out a win from her on the last hand. 



She rides along in the golf carts and talks, out-loud, on our back swings.  
One of these days she’s going to join me on a real man-cation and she’s going to have to “Gut” my deer so she can cross that off her bucket list.



Happy Birthday Aubry!!!  Our lives will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger