tattoos

Thursday, November 17, 2011

overwhelmed doesn't begin to describe it.

i'm sitting for the first time since tuesday.
i'm a zombie - paralyzed by the goodness of my life.
and probably a little wiped tired from three days of conferencing with engineers.
but mostly stunned by the love.


i wish you could all experience the dynamic of loud, colorful aubry in the sea of engineers. it's a funny thing. i want every one of you to live a minute in my shoes to grasp the humor of it all. and yesterday - the ridiculous kindness, too - as i turned 30 in the midst of so many of them.

and then.... AND THEN.... my mom showed up. all the way from san diego. right there at the conference.
$%!*@!

so not only are the people in my life the kindest, nicest, most giving, caring, and thoughtful sort  - but they're the trickiest tricksters i've ever met. so tricky i cried! dressed in my urs best, next to the toy crane, with a crew of engineer onlookers. {they loved it. all those engineers who were in on the secret.... they loved it all.}

i'll never be able reach all the people who went out of their way to make my birthday special... i'd have to hire a team of thanks givers to give back as kindly as everyone well as dished love toward me.

i'm told this is only the beginning... the celebrations are expected to continue all through the week with more, more, more people from my life who belong in the deepest, most solid part of my heart.

the point of all this is to tell you how completely useless i am this week thanks to the overwhelming amount of birthday love.
i appreciate it all so much i can't think straight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger