tattoos

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

elizabeth.



I don't think I've ever had a chance to tell Aubry what a profound difference her support and wise words made during my yearlong no shopping project.

That's how I had the great fortune of meeting Aubry- through our blogs. Okay...so more like through our blogs and mutual love of Target. For my own 30th birthday, I challenged myself to give up shopping for a year. And guess who was one of the FEW people who accompanied me on that journey? Aubry. Not once, but TWICE, Aubry gave up shopping. Knowing that she was facing the same temptations made the project so much easier. Was she also staring at the same set of multicolored mixing bowls at Target and turning a blind eye and shedding one or two tears for ever thinking about giving up shopping? Maybe. But as I walked away, I could take comfort in knowing there was one other person out there who *got it.*

Aubry, thanks for all of your support. Thanks for being funny and honest and right there beside me.

Annnnddddd.....




Thanks for offering to show me Las Vegas, Mormon style. I can't wait. You can't see me right now, but I'm giving you a fist bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger