tattoos

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

i'm a utahn.

the other day we hit a wild whim and decided to go to the j.crew outlet in park city after the bijou market.

that meant we were going to go the provo canyon route.

as we drove north on university ave, i almost missed the split to take me into the canyon.
i zipped {safely} across a lane of traffic {or two}. that's when my mom asked, "aubry, how do you know where you're going?"

"because i've lived here for seven years, mom. that's how."



and just today, i got my newly renewed driver's license in the mail.
a sure signifier that now only am i a utahn, but i've been a utahn since 2005 and will continue to be a utahn until 2016. 

oy.

if you would have asked my 17 year old self, even my 22 year old, three weeks away from graduating from college self if this was in the plans, i wouldn't have just laughed... i would have given you the major stink eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger