tattoos

Friday, November 18, 2011

Favourite Things in November

Holy crap! I've reeeeeally been slacking on the blogging. Compared to my previous months November ain't doing so well. It's really been a combination of being busy, and being tired. I've been feeling a bit down and defeated at work lately, where I come home feeling absolutely drained and wanting to just close myself off from the rest of the world. Plus the sudden arrival of winter has got me in my adjustment period, which also results in me being tired and some really bad fashion choices. I should do a special edition on the fashion diary of my latest outfits. Although this might be too scary for the internet.

Anyways, I'm not going to go into this depressing nonsense. Instead I'm going to do the exact opposite and talk about the things that have been making me happy this month:
Favourite Things in November.


(I cheated. Those two photos were taken in October. Ha!)


- Mini Harajuku


Everyone's been excited about November's debut of the Versace line for H&M -- and yes, me included. Although it's disappointing that none of the stores in my city were chosen to carry the line, nor that you can't shop online. H&M should really have an online store. The closest I'm going to get in seeing these items is HERE  -- where you can view the entire collection. Anyways, the line that I've been anticipating to see is Gwen Stefani's Mini Harajuku For Target. And I don't even have kids.... or a neighbourhood Target to shop at (soon though! and looking forward to it!!)



I think the idea is super sweet, plus I'm a big fan of Gwen's and looooove love love her. And seeing that I shop in the kids section anyways I'm sure I can find a cute handbag for myself... I wonder if they have hair accessories..???


You can view the collection HERE. And can I just say, normally I'm attracted to the girly girl stuff, but since having a nephew, whom can I say is the cutest and sweetest kid EVER, I'm now digging the cute little boys stuff. Minus my love for accessories and dolls. Of-course.




- Upcoming Sewing Projects


I don't know how to sew. I don't know how to thread my mini sewing machine. And I probably couldn't sew on a button to save my life. But I want to learn. I have so many ideas and things I wish I knew how to make. My sister Al does know how to sew, and wants to get together to teach me and to help me make some of my projects. She's been urging me to come over for a fun crafting session but I've kept putting it off. Now that she's less than a week away from her due date for baby #2, we probably won't get together now until next summer, hahaa.

The first project that I'm excited for is to make my own babydoll dress -- since I can't seem to find any that I like. We've figured to use a pattern that Al has used, when she made her cute 'Atari' dress:


Here's Al modelling her cute dress when she was preggo with Apollo, baby #1. She looks so pretty in her pretty little dress. She calls it the Atari dress, but I always want to call it either the Jube Jube dress, or the Skittles dress.  :)

In the pattern you can add little poufy sleeves, which I plan to do. The dress will be black and white, and I plan to wear my little girl white stockings and little white bows in my hair. Yes I'm 35 years old.



- Girl Crushes

I finally caught the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic on tv earlier this month -- the proper movie for myself -- only I'm not buying $2,000 shoes and such. I'm spending my money on cheap costume jewelry and random knick knack junk. The movie was cute enough, but more so for the leading lady, actress Isla Fisher. I've always loved her. If I were a dude this is the type of girl I would be chasing.



Amy Adams is another one, who pretty much looks like Isla Fisher anyways.


But right now the main lady of the hour is the lovely Rooney Mara, whom is getting a lot of attention for her upcoming portrayal as the disturbed Lisbeth Salander in the American remake of
 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.



I've never read the best selling novel, nor have seen the original Swedish movie that came out in 2009. The actress whom played Lisbeth in that version was Noomi Rapace. I wouldn't mind seeing this version too.

Noomi Rapace...


... and Rooney Mara

It's funny how both actresses have such interesting names. The American version comes out next month, December 21, 2011. I only know the basic plot outline, and have seen a couple of previews, and already am beyond excited to see this film. It's also amazing what a complete makeover can do. I never really noticed actress Rooney Mara before. I know now that she played the girlfriend in facebook's The Social Network movie, and really had that all American girl next door look. Not any longer!! It's crazy what a haircut can do...



I think she looks gorgeous -- in that beautiful haunting way. I even purposely went out and bought Vogue's November issue because of Rooney Mara being on their cover, and inside story. The issue also features beautiful editorial shots of the actress, really featuring her beauty.


You can watch the trailer HERE.




- Iron Fist

Speaking of girl crushes...


I love this models face. hahahaa. And super white blonde hair. AND the Iron Fist pattern, in the cute dress...

And the booties and shoes...


and pencil skirt...




- CD of the moment

Peggy Lee and Benny Goodman -- 1940s-ish big band type of stuff. Or as my friends would say: Granny Music. One positive thing, if you listen to this when driving you'll never get a speeding ticket..!! 

Here's a little sample, for all the grannies out there. This one's for YOU.


And if you remember, Jessica Rabbit performed this song in her famous opening scene.  :)

ps: Thanks to my friend Clint, as I bought this cd from him at his garage sale, xoxo.




- The Walking Dead (Webisodes)

I just have to say that Season 2 of The Walking Dead is aweeeeeesome..!!!!!!
Here are the 'Webisodes' which are just as cool.






- Starbucks Holiday Drinks


I love the Starbucks Holiday drinks -- even though one drink probably has 5,000 calories -- I don't care!!!!!!! I'm not too sure if this deal is in Canada only but right now (from Nov 18 - 21, 2011) you can buy one holiday drink and get one free -- between 2 - 5pm. YUMMY!



And that about covers it. So far. It looks like I'm going to have a busy weekend here... Me and Jarred are going to an advance screening of the new The Muppets movie tomorrow morning at 10am. I'm pretty excited as my ultimate fav plans are going to the movie theatres anyways, and also for the different adventure of going to see a movie that early..!!

My gf Megan also invited me to her friends 'After Halloween' house party tomorrow night too, but I'm still deciding if I want to go or not..?? Yes, this is a halloween party -- costumes required! I normally like the sounds of these type of plans but I'm not sure I want to go, for the reasons I mentioned in my charming opening paragraph. We'll see...

And on Sunday I plan to go on a girls movie date to see The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn... with the rest of the 13 year old girl population. hahahaa. Whatever.  ;)






xoxoxo...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger