tattoos

Monday, November 7, 2011

marci.



Little Miss Popular...

Back in the day, when Aubry and I were college roommates at BYU-Idaho, we used to play a game called "The Popular Game" (clever title, I know).  Actually, all of us Shanty Gals along with our friend Mark liked to play along.  The whole point was to see who knew and who was known by the most people while walking through campus.  In order to score a point you had to not only know the name of the person you were saying hello to but that person had to also know your name.  Win the game and your ego was soaring high.  (And for the record, I always won.)

HOWEVER...  



I think it is safe to say that my friend Aubry, or Raubry as I like to call her, would totally win the popular game if we were to play it today.  She knows and is known by WAYYYY more people than I.  People love her and her sassy, tell it like it is attitude.  Although her blog is littered with posts about nail polish, party planning, and a closet full of far too many cardigans, Raubry has got depth like no one else I know.  

She is loyal...to the core loyal.  She knows what she knows not because someone told her so but because she figured it all out for herself.  She can snap out a witty comment faster than anyone and does not waste her time with insincere fluff.  If she gives you a compliment...she means it and you can pretty much bet she knows what she is talking about.  Her self confidence is inspiring...not arrogant.  She is hands down the craftiest crafter you will ever meet...AND she consistently refers to my quiet, small town husband as "The Real Slim Shady."



Raubry my friend...I love you like crazy.  And don't be nervous about turning 30...I once saw on Oprah that the 30's are the time that a woman looks her very best!  Plan on getting hit on a lot!!



Your Silver Sequin Dress Wearing Friend,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger