tattoos

Friday, November 18, 2011

my mom is the greatest, let me count the ways.

1.  because when she surprised me with a visit on my birthday - three days shy of my party - my house was clean, but not house guest clean. i thought i would have another few days to sort through my piles, vacuum the floor, and fluff the pillows. 

nothing too tragic, but my piles, etc. immediately moved to the top of the top of the top of my priority list. when i left for work yesterday, my little cinderelli did all the vacuuming, washed the sheets, washed the dishes and even cleaned the stove top. the most dreadful job of all. 

house guests now welcome.

2.  because she and my dad don't give into my fickle, "now" wish lists. they elevate me. rather than gifting me a j.crew special, or That One Thing I Can't Live Without from anthro, my dad packed and my mom lugged on the plane, one of their best, hand woven persian rugs from their own collection. heirlooms, people. heirlooms. like, i should probably become one of those "shoes off in the house" people, because we're practically walking on gold around these parts.


3. to top it off, she carefully - probably not in the same suitcase as the 321546753 lb rug - hand delivered two boxes of trader joe's candy cane joe-joe's.  only the best cookie on the face of the planet. she loves me.


4. not pictured, but the woman came bearing gifts for trev + oksana's sophie AND jen + ed's girl baby. 


she is a woman of charity, as whispered to me by my downy-soft sheets when i laid my weary head last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger