tattoos

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The tattoos I'm never gonna get

I have a couple of great ideas for tattoos that I would looooove to get, because I reeeeeally looooove these ideas. And yes, I generally am a fan of tattoos, and have a few of my own -- although mostly small-ish stuff really, and nothing too crazy. My main issue is that I also looooove perfectly pale porcelin-like skin, which looks beautiful ink free. So because I'm so 50/50 on the subject all I can do now is sit back and do nothing, basically -- and live vicariously through my heavily tattooed husband. Until I make up my mind! Although knowing me that might take a long time since I'm the most indecisive person I know.  ;)

It's funny cause the two main tattoos that I would love to get are both Disney inspired. The first one is from Disney's Haunted Mansion stretching portraits:


And it's the tightrope girl that I would love to get:



I think I could be convinced to get this sooner than later, but, the only thing that keeps me from doing so right now is that the spot I want to put it on is taken already..!! See, I would love to have this on the inner forearm (similar idea as pictured above right). Unfortunately both the insides of my arms have tattoos already -- in which let me say, I've never regretted them (or any of my tattoos) until NOW. I want that space! So now it's really deciding where else to put it. I think the shape of this tattoo would look best on the arm, like above picture; or maybe on the back of the leg..?? But then I go back to my dilemma where I'm not sure I want tattoos on either of those spots. Gah! Anywaaaays...


The first time I saw this design done as a tattoo was on artist and doll maker Queenie of Pocket Full of Posiez, which she has the tightrope girl on the inside of her arm..!! (*silently sobbing*)
She too is a BIG Disney fan and has several Disney inspired tattoos. Of-course when I tried searching for the photo of her tattoo I couldn't find it anywhere. I had originally first heard of Queenie back in the myspace days, into which I don't think she's on there any longer, as nor am I. Oh well.

Here's Queenie posing in front of her Disney tribute painting of the tightrope girl -- only here the crocodile is her handbag!



And here she is with the Tightrope Girl..!! What a super cute idea for a costume.


Here's another cute Tightrope Girl costume:


Above photos taken from here, Bat's Day in Disneyland. I would love to go to this event! You can view the information here on their official website.

Now, the second tattoo idea I would love to get is the witch hag from Snow White, my favourite disney villian. I would have her hunched over a burning cauldron, holding the poisoned apple in her hand. I'd add an Autumn full moon behind her with bats; old bones, skulls, and potion bottles scattered all along the bottom of the cooking cauldron, and maybe a crow perched somewhere in there too -- and an evil looking cat as well, haha. This is perfect cause it's a combination of all things that I super love:
 Witches, Disney, and Halloween.


See, it would be the witch hag above, but holding the poisoned apple, like below.


Actually, one of my favourite tattoos of Jarred's is his witch:


And I especially love that she's all crusty and evil looking. Those are my favourite types -- like Michelle Pfeiffer as Lamia in the movie Stardust.


She was my absolute favourite part of the movie, and also in the book (by Neil Gaiman), that I'm actually reading right now. I find it hard to read the book after seeing the movie, but so far it hasn't been too bad. Jarred's a big Neil Gaiman fan and has a large collection of his books. So far the only books I've read is Coraline, and now Stardust. Anyways, I loved the movie. And as soon as I'm done with the book (half way there!!) I'm going to re-watch the movie.  :)


Also if you like, you can check out this interesting website I found today, the makeup gallery, which features the work of movie and TV makeup artists. It says "The makeups are illustrated with nearly 5000 images of actresses in character and prosthetic makeup from literally hundreds of movies and TV shows. The transformations from actress into character are illustrated with before and after shots and, wherever possible, with behind the scenes shots of the makeup design and application."
Pretty neat!!

I also have a small but growing witch collection too. Here's a little peek...  :)




Okay, so here are some neat and super cool disney tattoos I found online.
I loooove anything to do with Alice in Wonderland. You can have so much fun with it's imagery.










And Disney Princesses done as tattoo artwork, done by Tim Shumate. I think this is a fun idea, making the Disney princess as a pinup girl.  :)







I think those are great. Super fun ideas. I like Maleficent and Sally best. Speaking of Sally (and the Nightmare Before Christmas), Disney, and fun ideas altogether, I'm going to end this note with some Disney eyeshadow portraits that I found. Super cool!


My favourite is the Nightmare Before Christmas one. You can view the rest here.

Enjoy!!  :)


xoxoxo...


*UPDATE: November 11, 2011. My bad. I did find Queenie's myspace page. I guess I was too lazy earlier to really look. So here's her Tightrope Girl tattoo that I was talking about.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger