tattoos

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Me First

Disneyland 2010...dressed in yellow so we could find each other if we got lost

So I will start this whole thing off.

Aubry and I met about four years ago at a birthday party.

I was two months out of jail.

We hit it off instantly....same likes, same humor, same perspective.

We have been friends ever since.

I don't think she could ever know what her friendship did for me. As I had mentioned I was two months out of jail. I was only 6 months sober. I was scared to death to let anyone around me know for fear they would think I would steal their wallet. They day I told Aubry was not a big production. we were driving to the Gateway and it was like "oh by the way....I have been to jail". She did not even bat an eye.

She, at many time, was a strength to me without knowing it. Just being there and letting me be me and not judging was all I needed sometimes. She was by side side through the MOST difficult times and through the most joyous and through 100 hours community service.

 Aubry was put in my path four years ago to help me stay on the straight and narrow. We met for a very special purpose. She is truly TRULY the best friend I have ever had. Her heart is pure and good and she let me into her life without a second thought. AND I have not stolen a single thing.

And now she will become Auntie Aubry to my little one. And I will tell Girl Baby all about Auntie Aubry and how when Girl Baby started acting up...Auntie Aubry brought me dinner. After a long day at work...she went home and made Ed and I dinner and brought it over.

She is family to me. True and honest family. She was and is a support to me.

Happy Birthday Aubry!!!

At your 40th I am going to make 40 people stand up and give speeches about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger