tattoos

Monday, October 31, 2011

ha HA!

that's not to say "haha" like the dude i used to date placed at the end of every single text message he ever sent me {hello red flag}.
it's ha HA! like yes! or sucka! or haHA i won the company chili cook-off again this year! twice!

second place winner for the vegetarian chili i made at the request of my vegetarian office mate.
thank you teri, for your recipe. on blind faith, i went for it and it worked!

and first place for holly's mom's white chicken chili. another first time recipe i totally lucked out on.
{the recipe is currently scribbled on the back of a receipt.... and all over the front, too.  it's long.  with lots of direction.  i'll post it soon.  it's award winning, after all!}


do you see the street signs back there?  the yellow caution school zone sign my co-workers made me that literally translates to "i love drunk dads with multiple small children"?  that was a gift from my co-workers after an unfortunate dating situation with a shell of an eligible bachelor who was secretly a drunk with two small children.

these are the perks of working with transportation engineers.

 



my win is laughable to me. like, it's a joke at this point, right? every year i make chili.... for the sake of there being enough to go around. and every year when they ask what my chili is called, i tell them it doesn't need a name because it doesn't need to be judged. 

but no one listens.

and this year i have two trophies to show for it.
and now i'm going to stop talking about it for fear of boasting.

let's talk costumes.

i had a meeting with a city manager this afternoon.
that limited the wildness of my costuming.

this might be the first halloween in 15 years that i didn't sport fake eyelashes and red lips. 

but i did skate by with a homemade t-shirt in the likes of a wide-ruled piece of paper.
tutorial here.

it was easy, it was harmless, it wasn't gawk-worthy while visiting someone else's office, and it was comfortable. 
that's more than i can say about every other halloween costume i've ever worn.



these are my people.
beth the witch + mo the iron chef.

hardy har har.

happy halloween friends!
i'm running away to a co-workers house to avoid my own! call me the bah-humbug neighbor, but i've never passed out candy in all the years i've lived in my house!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger