tattoos

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Garden of Wonderland

I haven't posted any of my hair accessory crafts. I'm actually looking forward to start up again. It seems that I've been on a crafting hiatus since last spring. I find my passion and inspiration for crafting dwindles down in the summer time. I think once we hit Autumn, my favourite season (and Halloween!) I start to come up with ideas and brainstorm like mad for new projects. There's also something nice about locking yourself up in your cozy warm home on a blistery cold day and spending it crafting from day to night. I'm looking forward to that...

I have been making these hair clips that I've titled as the Garden of Wonderland, inspired by the garden of singing flowers from Alice in Wonderland, of-course. They've been a project I quite enjoy, and have even thought of making an etsy account and trying to possibly sell them online, you know, see where it goes.





So anyways, my gf Kristy called me up the other night asking if I would be interested in donating one of my pieces for some silent auction her kids school is doing for fundraising. I'm flattered that she would ask me (thank you Kristy for your support!), but also am scared. I fear putting myself out there, of failing, of the unknown -- I under value my work and think "who would want to ever buy these?" haha, this is crap that only love. I keep trying to perfect my hair clips, wanting to provide the best quality, and still learning. What if they're not good enough? I guess if you don't take risks or chances you'll never know, right? We'll see what happens. I have until mid November to get everything ready. I have so many of these made so really it's just deciding which flower to give, or to make something new. The one thing that I did put together was a nicer way to present the hair clip. I made one of those hair clip holder card thingy's, but feel like this is a template, perhaps? Or maybe to look into the future of having some real one's made, something a little more 'professional' looking, haha. Here's what I put together so far:



Anyways, I'll keep you updated on how everything goes -- wish me luck!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger