tattoos

Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Costume Idea: Monster High!

My friend Joanne had asked me if I was going as Lagoona Blue for halloween this year, and now I kinda wish I were!


I spent last night looking up Monster High (mostly cosplay) costumes and got so giddy and excited I could barely contain myself at work today, dyyyying to get home and write this blog. These costumes are so amazing -- and most of them are homemade/custom. It's so impressive!



The details are so crazy good -- like Lagoona Blue's fishbowl purse with her pet fish Neptuna. I'm guessing that she made that, cause trust me, I searched high and low and couldn't find this handbag anywhere..!! I'm just wondering how in the world did she make it..?? It just looks so perfect.



If you look closely here (click on the picture for larger view), you can see that this cute girl even got the small details like Frankie Stein's two different colored eyes..!!



Earrings, purse, shoes -- exactly the same..!!








One of my favourites, zombie daughter Ghoulia Yelps...

WOW....








I'm also loving Abbey Bominable, the teenage daughter of the Yeti.  :)











Aaaah, so cute. I think this would be such a FUN halloween costume, especially if there's a group of you doing all the characters. I honestly don't know which one I would do. It's a tie between Frankie Stein and Ghoulia Yelps (close seconds are Lagoona and Abbey Bominable!) I love these so much that I'm feeling inspired to go buy some more dolls, hahaa... I want to get the classic Lagoona Blue, of-course...

Abbey Bominable:

And the prom version of Ghoulia Yelps:

I also wouldn't mind adding Draculaura to the collection. I didn't really like her that much at first but she's grown on me. Also, check out the newest ghoul at Monster High -- Operetta! She's the daughter of the Phantom of the Opera.


I know, I know... I'm 35 years old and addicted to basically children's dolls. Oh well, I don't care. hahaaa...

The Monster High Fright song:

 

This video is so YTV ultra kid. I think it would have been better if they were all dressed up as the girls. I swear if I had a 13 year old daughter I'd force her to wear one of these costumes, like every day. hahahaaa...

A cute introduction to the Mattel Monster High characters:


The Monster High cartoon series: Monster High Fear Squad.


Monster High Cosplay San Diego Comic-Con 2011:



xoxoxo...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger