tattoos

Thursday, October 27, 2011

carrie.

Hi. This is Cousin Carrie. Just thought I’d introduce myself. Now on to more important matters.

The blogging community definitely has its own culture. In order to be a real, big-time blogger there are a few posts you just HAVE to have: The “Ode to and confession of my undying love for Ikea (or Target)”. The “I just started couponing and I have to show off all the crap I got for only $14.87”. And of course, the one thing that every big-time blogger must have in their archives is the oh-so-clever and original “__ things I love about (insert husband/friend/cousin/pet here) on their __birthday”. Seriously, it’s a must.

BUT practically perfect in every way does not have any of these posts. So, in an effort to make this sweet little startup blog completely legit, I present to you today:
 
30 Things I Love About Cousin Aubry-tita In Honor Of Her 30th Birthday.
 
1. She’s pretty

2. She’s smart

3. She’s witty and funny and clever

4. She’s naturally, effortlessly fabulous

5. She has beautiful handwriting

6. She has great taste in music

7. She has great taste in books

8. She has amazing fashion sense. She makes not matching look incredible.

9. She has amazing, very enviable doodling skills

10. She has amazing decorating skills

11. She has amazing baking skills

12. She has amazing photography skills

13. She’s a huge fan of diagonal photography

14. She gives the best gifts

15. She throws amazing parties

16. She fully appreciates a good rolled taco with cheese (even though she doesn’t do guacamole. Weirdo. What kind of Mexican doesn’t like guacamole?!)

17. She makes the best chorizo and egg baby burritos, and I have thought of her every single time I’ve ever eaten chorizo and eggs

18. She is the best flag girl—no, no, flag person—Palisades Lake has ever seen

19. She always has the most clever, creative Halloween costumes. I’m jealous. Very jealous.

20. She is firm in her convictions. If she’s for it, she’s all for it. If she’s not, she’s very much not.

21. She’s the type of person who would do anything for you, even give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. Personally I would just settle for a couple of cardigans out of her closet, but if she did give you the shirt off her back at least you would know it was fabulous and stylish.

22. Hers was the very first baptism I remember attending. Before the examples of my older brother and sister, I had Aubry’s. And I decided back then that if Aubry got baptized then I should, too.

23. She has always been an incredible example to me. I have looked up to her my entire life, and with very good reason. She is absolutely amazing.

24. She taught me by example how to properly sneak outside treats into a movie theater (Cedar City, Utah, 1999. The Sixth Sense with all of the Juarez cousins. I don’t even know why we were all there. Probably someone’s farewell/homecoming/early Mexican Independence Day party. You know how we are...)

25. She’s a riot to have around at family get-togethers. She definitely has the Juarez humor and wit, but her added dose of Bennion humor and wit instantly makes her the life of any party.

26. She fully embraces her 1/4 Mexican brownness. And who wouldn’t? But somehow, her 1/4 Mexican always looks darker than my 1/4 Mexican. Hmph.

27. She was super excited when I told her what we had named our first girl baby. “You named her Audrey?! Aubry, Audrey, that’s like, an 80% shoutout!” I even gave my daughter most of the same initials: her AER is pretty darn close to Aubry’s AEB. I can't think of a better person for my daughter to be almost named after.

28. She got her little 80% shoutout interested in having her nails painted again. For some reason the little punk won’t let Mom paint her nails anymore, but then Aubry comes to visit and after she sees Aubry with nail polish it’s all of a sudden the coolest thing in the world again. Go figure.

29. She came to visit us in Florida and didn’t even complain about how boring we are

30. She’s just... Aubry. If you know her, you know what I mean. Here’s a small example: flash back to early May 2005, the classic, obligatory “collective ‘Awww!’ while the happy couple kisses” picture.



Well, a semi-collective “awww”.



Yep, Aubry. Now that’s the Aubry I know and love.

I'm pretty sure I used the word "amazing" about 85 times, but that's the one word that always fits. Aubry is amazing. Happy birthday, my coolest cousin Aubry! I would say that I hope your day is fabulous but, knowing you, it actually will be. And check it out, I just made your blog all sorts of cliché!! I know you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger