tattoos

Friday, October 21, 2011

from trev


Aubs - my #1 Sister,

When you and mom came to pick me up in Ukraine, I was so excited to share the beautiful culture that I'd grown to love. I had resolute confidence that the European fashions would blow you away and that it would be like introducing you to a new color of the visible light spectrum. I remember walking through the various markets and showing you all the cool souvenirs and exciting things that were so distinctly Ukrainian. Little did you and mom know, but I was taking you on this masterful tour; leading up to the pinnacle of our shopping experience where I would introduce you to the one thing that I had spent the previous winter day dreaming about:


I once thought this was cool

Your role as older sister has never been wiser as that moment.  Man am I grateful that you taught me that guys don’t wear fur coats in America. I was so confused at first because almost every guy in Ukraine had one, but couldn’t help but agree with the logic that it simply wasn’t practical since we were returning to San Diego.

I learned some valuable lessons, like:

1)      Always listen to your older sister
2)      Never hesitate when Aubry  offers advice
3)      Some European fashions absolutely won’t set any trends in the states

…and so much more.

This story is pretty fun, but it’s really only a fraction of the guidance, love, and overall caring that you always show me. You always look out for me.



Love ya,
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger