tattoos

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Past Halloween Costumes

In ode to my beloved holiday, and as a part of the countdown, I've put together some of my past favourite halloween costumes....





I did this costume the year Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd came out. It was kind of funny cause noone -- and I mean, noone, knew who the hell I was, haha. I think I had ONE person who knew. Oh well. It was a fun costume to do. I kept yelling in my english accent, "Would ya like one of my meat pies, yea?!"

I just found another VERY well done costume online:


Wow. Great details on everything. Even the plate of her famous meat pies..!! I feel like my Mrs Lovett was the more "Hi, I'm crazy" version.


I have to say, my favourite look in that movie is the beach scene. And here's another couple who thought so too! What an awesome idea for a costume!








Loooved it. This was my second attempt. I did a more homemade version a few years prior. I've never really been a big Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent fan really. I was actually at a costume store and saw this wicked red devil head piece, with the two horns. I automatically thought of the Maleficent character and kind of worked around that. And yes, I spray painted the head piece black. It turned out pretty decent -- but this time I hit it dead on. Although there really wasn't much thought put into this one as it's just a 'costume in a bag', basically. Still it was super fun to wear. I should also mention once I decided to do this costume it took me so long to finally be able to say her name properly. I kept messing it up!

On a side note, I read about a rumour of Tim Burton taking on Sleeping Beauty, casting Angelina Jolie as the wicked Maleficent. I'm seeeeeeriously loving the trend of re-making all these old movies/fairytales lately -- Alice in Wonderland, Red Riding Hood (even though it sucked), and the two Snow White movies coming out next year that I was raving about previously. By the way, here are some newly released photos of Julia Roberts as the evil queen:









I think this is my all-time favourite Disney villain. I find her so cute/funny looking. I think when I'm an old crinkly lady I'll do this costume again, and reeeally creep people out. I can't wait! hahahaa...

Click on the Witch.






Dressing like a creepy twin? The fun is endless.







I dressed up as my Living Dead Doll, Deadbra Ann. I was soooo happy that I actually found her exact dress -- total fluke! That was the first (and only, so far) time that I rented a costume. I was going to do the creepy horror contacts but was tight on cash. It came down to buying the contacts or having drinking money. I chose the latter.

I now use her as a purse charm.  :)









Elle Driver. Member Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, codename: California Mountain Snake.
This was my costume last halloween, 2010. Having my vision limited down to one eye while trying to navigate a dark bar and being intoxicated was a bit challenging, haha.



I find the older I get the more I get addicted to halloween and dressing up. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this for years and years to come.



xoxoxo...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger