tattoos

Monday, October 17, 2011

holy smokes!

i looked over my calendar yesterday afternoon and realized it was october 16.... just a month shy of november 16. i must have counted backwards and forwards every which way to make sure i really, really was a month away from my 30th birthday.

you guys, i don't knowwwww why the fascination.
i was never denied a birthday party as a child...
it wasn't glanced over or skipped without thought.
my mom always made sure to out-do the other mom's when it came to classroom treats
{see where i get it? we had dark chocolate dipped frozen bananas with sprinkles and nuts in kindergarten.  FOR MY FIFTH BIRTHDAY.}
but i swear, 21 rolled around and my birthday was, like, larger than life. 
i have no idea where that came from.

i counted and counted... and arrived at 31 each time.
that gave me one day to stew over what my "30 to 30" project would be. 
i even announced it at sunday dinner.
i should really just keep my lips zipped to avoid making a fool of myself... i'm sure they were all snickering inside... 

because apparently............... the 30 to 30 project was already brewing in someone else's head.
only to be figured out by the buzz, buzz, buzz of my phone in monday morning meetings. 
comments on the post "hijacked"? what the?

i'm secretly relieved.
because it's 11:14 p.m. and i've been working all day.
not an ounce of time so far to think about what i could do for my own "30 to 30" countdown.
without knowing what's coming at me {and you} over the next month, i'm already blushed and grateful for such good people i'm surrounded by. 

i mean, i think so anyway. i really have no idea.

this is like exposure therapy on that obsessive-compulsive reality tv show where they put you face to face with your big, scary monster fear and make you stew in it.... until your fear factor is like a 5 out of 10 instead of a 10. 

and right now, i'm sitting at like, a 12.8 out of 10.
eeeeeeek!

so i'll go on posting..... sweet things.
like this crown ring.  heaven help me, i want this ring!


and this picture of me + holly from jen's shower on saturday. this is probably the first time holly + have been seen together on film in 7 years. that's not an exaggeration. can you imagine us as sophomores in high school?  we haven't aged one bit since 1996, no sir.

and a full spread of photos from jen's shower on saturday. 
listen here, people love that girl. and her baby.

so thank you friends. 
i think.
i'm as anxious as anyone to see what comes next on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger