tattoos

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

my house sits empty.

i'm slowly conquering my home decorating beast... slow and sure. even with a re-do within a re-do before getting to the rest of the house.

did you know i have two rooms on the second floor that sit lifeless and empty?
they used to be filled with a revolving door of college dorm-esque furniture {and roommates}
i loved you all.  promise i did.
except you, most recent roommate of mine, who hung a thirty posters to the wall with scotch tape.
and then moved out in a day and never paid me the rent you owed me.
i did not appreciate you.
and honestly, you're the reason why i will never have roommates again.

one entire room is empty. from the floor to the ceiling and the larger-than-mine walk in closet. it is e-m-p-t-y.
the other stores a bed for a friend {with twin size sheets on a full size bed.  do i invest in dressing a bed that is not even my own?}, an old ikea dresser, and all the reject furniture and accessories that graduated from my main level living space. 
my taste and decorating style is directly related to the advancement of my career.  as my paycheck grew up, so did my taste.
let's not forget about jen's green shelves.  those flourescent thangs remain.  in memoriam of my favorite, least dramatic roommate in the history of roommates.

am i rambling?

point of this is:

the rooms could use some work.
the middle room is better suited as an office/work space/creative suite/multi-purpose room.

something like this would be nice:



crafting materials, ribbons, knitting materials, boxes of important documents... all of those things belong in this room.

and it ought to look good, too.

form AND function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger