tattoos

Sunday, May 15, 2011

the good, the bad, and the ugly.

archaeologists in action.

the good:

accumulating my frequent flier miles in double-time.
...
my brother passed the bar exam!  jeff, j.d.!
...
listening to two clients fight about who i'll marry and which one of their families i'll be joining.
...
saturday in the temple with my two besties.
...
followed by our favorite lunch at blue lemon.
...
and dessert at bruges waffles.
{a saturday tradition, no?}
...
picture messages of my sweet soph in the stellar wardrobe i chose for her.
...
a successful j.crew order fulfilled: the perfect swimsuit and a neon peach cardigan! the sun can come out now.
...
my lawn is green. my strawberries are coming in. and my peas are popping out of the ground. i've conquered my very unruly 375 sf of earth and transformed her into back to something useful and pretty!
...
a new plate for the plate wall {on sale.}


the bad:

5 a.m. alarm clock for a 7 a.m. airport departure on tuesday.
...
7 p.m. airport arrival on tuesday.
...
7 a.m. breakfast meeting on wednesday.
...
7 hour proposal writing session on wednesday night after work. {that's midnight if you're counting.}
...
5 a.m. alarm clock for a 7 a.m. airport departure on thursday.
...
7 p.m. airport arrival on thursday.
...
conference room friday.
...
3 p.m. work on saturday.
...
3 p.m. work today - sunday.
i think i'm going to miss celebrity apprentice....

the ugly:

two hours of get-to-know-you games in my new singles ward where we tell our neighbor about our favorite flavor of ice cream and something unique about ourselves.  after about 50 twentysomethings competed for "best sense of humor" like they were back in high school, the jolly fat kid in the ward reached into his pocket and pulled out a yo-yo.  and we had a yo-yo performance in the chapel.

that's my reality, friends.
somebody get me out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger