tattoos

Monday, May 16, 2011

failing.

failing at blogging.
failing at doing anything fun in my life right now.
failing at the silly stories and clever wit this blog was built on.
lame stats, zero comments, and my own gut check tells me so.

because i work.

pin.

i work a lot these days.

i can't even think straight enough to pull a story from the archives of my life to keep anything remotely interesting going on this blog right now.

and, i mean... no one wants to hear about the 9 hour stint i pulled in the office yesterday afternoon and how we couldn't over ride the air conditioning in our building so we worked and wrote and made boring engineering sentences into compelling stories in 83 degree stiff, stagnant air.  and how the only thing i ate yesterday was a convenience store diet coke and a bag of chips because the office hijacked my sunday dinner plans and how i came to work today with wet hair, sans-mascara with my shoes untied because my alarm clock was screwed up from so many airport-driven 5 a.m. wake up calls last week and how STARVING i am for real food because i ran out of my staple groceries {apples and grapes and baby bel cheese and toast and orange juice} like 5 days ago but i carpooled today, so i don't have a way to make a lunch run.... meaning i might be eating another vending machine lunch today...

... but that, combined with the three other 15 + hour days i worked last week has sucked all the cleverness out of me and left me with nothing but engineering stories to share.

just....don't give up on me. that's what i'm asking.

what's that that the bible says?  "to every {thing there is} a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"

and this is my season to work.




that said, i have one little gem from the nutso work week:
i was in a leadership meeting in st. george on tuesday and one of the engineers walked in the door and said

"holy cow!  you have bangs like the bangles!"


i'm not sure if it's a compliment or not, but by telling me i look like the frosted brunette in the middle there, i'm going to go ahead and assume he's not my #1 bangs fan. 
or maybe he is.  maybe he's stuck in 1989 and eternal flame is, like, his song.

either way.  he tried to tell me i was too young to know who the bangles were... hello?  walk like an egyptian and manic monday!? {and then he told me manic monday was a cyndi lauper song...}  i was not going to engage a room full of engineers in conversation about 80s chick pop.  i would win.  common practice states the client is always right.  even when it comes to 80s chick pop, i s'pose.

see... even that story's not that cool.

i'm working on it, guys........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger