tattoos

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peaceful Reflections

I'm sitting here listening to The 1920's Radio Network, a station I listen to often when at work. I love listening to these old songs. A lot of times I'd rather listen to these oldies rather than to the Top 40's type of playlist. Don't get me wrong though, of-course I don't mind the occassional Lady Gaga or Katy Perry song  ;)

I think it's important to keep an open mind where music is concerned. Well, the best you can. There is a lot of crap out there too. I find when I listen to these old songs from the 20's to 50's period it truely speaks to my soul, makes me wonder if I perhaps lived a previous life back then. Can you imagine?! What a different life that would have been...

As I was saying, listening to this music also gives me a sense of peace, which made me then think of a quote I'm quite fond of. I received a card in the mail from my girlfriend Jodi a few years ago, which said:


TO SIT IN THE SHADE ON A FINE DAY...
IS THE MOST PERFECT REFRESHMENT


JANE AUSTEN

That quote just makes me feel peaceful and happy, and reminds me to enjoy the simple little things in life....




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger