tattoos

Thursday, August 18, 2011

a coupla conversations:

reciting conversations from my ridiculous life to my blog readers - it's one of my favorite things.
here's two:

1.  text convo from my childhood best friend's mom:

n: just checking to see how you're doing...
a:  oh, i'm fine. did you happen to read my woe-is-me blog post or something?
n: nope.  not yet.  but i thought you seemed a little fragile when i saw you on sunday.
a: that was probably exhaustion, but i had a mini melt down yesterday about turning 30.
n:  oh, aubry!! i'm sorry about the turning 30 thing. i wish i could turn back the clock for you.  and me too.

my fragility is escaping the facade i'm usually so good at keeping wrapped up tight. 
crap.

2.  gchat convo with pregnant bestie jen:

j: i'm telling my boss that i'm leaving at thanksgiving and not coming back today, so there's that.
a: whoa.  that's major. is he going to cry?
j: no, i don't think it will be that big of a deal.
a: see, so today you get to count down the number of days until you don't get to work anymore.  i use that example plently of times in my life.  "if i could count the days until i quit working... i would".  soooooo... you're making my wildest dreams come true. 
j: awesome.  we can make a paper chain.


yep. awesome. feels like salt in the wound... but the kind where i hold all parties guiltless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger