tattoos

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

inspiration boarding.

yesterday i had to ask bestie jen how far along she was - as in "how many weeks pregnant are you?"
i don't keep track of that kind of stuff unless it's documented in a blog next to a piece of fruit or an ear of corn or a side profile photo carrying a mini chalkboard scratched with a sweet number scrolled upon it.

and bestie jen is neither the ear of corn girl nor the mini chalkboard kind.

my best friend is growing a girl baby and we talk about it 47 times a day... but i can't keep track of the days.
i should sign up for her "this week in your uterus" emails i know so many pregnant women sign up for so i can keep track.

most of our time is spent tackling the "fun" stuff - the nursery and the party.

fun = midnight text messages "i'm having second thoughts on the color of the paint for the closet doors.  talk me off my ledge tomorrow, will you?"

to which i reply "sure thing. we paint swatch on thursday.  until then... keep growing your ear of corn like you do so well."

my highest priority, though, is the shower.
it's going to be big, y'all.

besides being wildly popular and, like, everyone's favorite friend, my best friend married into the tightest knit family i've ever known.
so the party's not only going to be big as in 'awesome' but big as in 'if you're reading this, you're probably on the invite list'

and in true aubry style, i must out-do myself for my best friend's baby making celebration.


my mind's still cranking away with ideas and plans, but to keep up with the direction it's taking - follow my baby shower mood board on pinterest.  and then pray with me for ice cream eating weather in mid october.

not shown: the onsie making station. and the blingy pacifier chain station.

april fools, yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger