tattoos

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Being the perfect Stepford Wife

I'm so proud of the yummy dinner I made for my honey today. I'm not much of a cook. Jarred does the majority of the cooking in our home, and he's very good. I can make the occassional pasta dinner or 'taco night', or gypsy dinner type of stuff ('gypsy dinner' is usually a random mish mash of food, usually scrambled eggs, some toast, maybe some meat in there, add in some leftovers -- really light and easy.)
We got a slow cooker a few years ago from Jarred's dad as a Xmas gift. I've probably only used it maybe 10 times..?? However, I enjoy it very much and am starting to use it more often (or would like to -- future goal!) It's my kind of cooking. It's easy to throw it all together, turn on the cooker and then come back home at the end of the day to a lovely warm dinner. And they're sooooo easy to use, and you can make such a wide range of foods in it. I've even made a yummy spinach and artichoke dip before. This is what I put together today -- Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup.


It turned out sooooo good..!! I was pretty proud and kept saying so too, haha. Actually, it's been an overall Stepford Wife kind of weekend for me.


Let's see... Friday night I went grocery shopping; Saturday I cleaned my place top to bottom. And all the small detail stuff that you normally don't do, like cleaning the grime on top of your kitchen cabinets. I was inspired by my sister, even went and bought Baking Soda -- Al can explain that in a video demo HERE. I then started my Sunday putting together my slow cooker meal. And all while my husband was partying out of town at a friends stag. He basically came home to a fully clean house -- laundry done, dinner made. No stress. He said he should go out partying all weekend more often.  ;)

Here I am working hard...  sooo exhausting!


Here's my gf Danyelle dressed as June Cleaver -- haha, had to throw that one in there.  ;)


On a side note, as I was browsing photos for this blog I stumbled upon this editorial with Caroline Trentini shot by Miles Aldridge for Vogue Italia March 2008. LOOOOOVE!!









And that was my lovely weekend. I'm now going to join my honey and watch a couple episodes of Weeds on dvd and then True Blood on HBO, which btw has made Sundays one of my favorite days of the week. I'll probably also post that Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup recipe, if y'all want.  :)


xoxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger