tattoos

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

things of no consequence.


when i see something i like in google reader, i star it. in theory, i pin those sweet things to pinterest.... but when real life takes over, my bookmarking doesn't go as planned. i was drowning in pinnable blogs. tonight, i pinned hundreds of blogs worth of pins.  it's the web-equivalent of cleaning out your closet and i feel better.

i'm making a list of the things i want when The Project is over. a new shower curtain in the master bath is on the top of the list.  i'm a wild and crazy shopper, i know. 

speaking of The Project, i almost.... almost.... like, i was in the exit only lane... almost... drove myself straight to anthropologie to pick up something new for a big meeting tomorrow.  almost.  but then didn't. 

i've been unbloggably sad {also known as "fidgety"} and in a crummy mood for a month. if you asked, i'd tell you it's complicated. bestie jen told me it's written all over my bod, holly called me out on it before we pulled out the driveway the other night, and my boss asked me how i was realllly doing. i felt my lip quiver as i sat across him in his office, but i recovered.  i wonder if he noticed?

i've since made a full recovery.

big plans are in the mix for bestie jen's baby shower. and the girl baby's nursery, too!  the best part: jen has complete faith in my vision. don't tell her - but i'm winging it. 

someone tried starting a facebook fight with me today.  i deleted them.  they sent someone else in after me.  i deleted them too.  i'm in the market of ridding myself of that kind of nonsense.

along those lines, a grown man yelled + cursed at me on the phone the other day, as if i'm solely responsible for all irritation in his construction-laden commute throughout the state of utah.  i told him i would not continue the conversation if he spoke to me to me like that.  when he interrupted me, i told him, "i'll wait..." like a disapproving mother, or an exhausted middle school teacher.  my office mates cheered me on as i stood my ground.  but really, it was a desperate measure of self preservation.

i mean this in the nicest way possible, friends: don't mess with me.

lame post, i know. i can't promise greatness until the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger