tattoos

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

passport: UPDATE

GOOD NEWS!

just kidding.  turns out the FedEx LOST my passport.  can you believe it?!  so today i'm on my way to thunder bay today so that i can be at the passport office first thing in the morning to apply for an emergency passport.  i won't have time to get my work visa before i leave but apparently i can get in as a tourist and then apply for a work visa when i get there. 

thankfully, everyone around here has been really helpful (with the exception of FedEx).  i got my passport photos done and was not charged, a new copy of my police clearance for free, special service from purolator, no charge at the lawyers office, and of course huge amounts of advice and support from the wonderful lady at the kuwait embassy of canada. also, my friends have been great.  sarah made a special trip to the passport office in tbay for me and is letting us stay at her house tonight, tiff is taking a day off work to come to tbay with me, and lindsay and phil have been super supportive and have offered many emails, phone numbers, and words of advice. and of course, my mom and dad have been great.  putting up with my tears, making calls, taking faxes, etc., etc.

so, i'm on my way soon.  i guess i'll just have to try to make the best of this not so awesome situation....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger