tattoos

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

chin up, buttercup.

today's not a good day.
it's been miserable and fidgety and i couldn't really put my finger on why {or, at least that's what i'll have you believe}, until i looked at the calendar and realized today was august 16.

three months shy of november 16.
and three months is half as much as six months.
and in case anyone doubts the genuinity of my feelings about current circumstances, please refer to the massive pile of soaked kleenex residing in the garbage can under my desk.

sift in a heaping teaspoon of "second place" moments - a lot of them backtobacktobacktobacktoback - tobacktoback - and if i had a choice in the matter, i'd drive home, put my head in my pillow and fall asleep, away from my heavy heart.

but when i came to spill my guts to you as much in this text box, i found this saved in my image folder:


and i would be wise to obey.

instead, i'll count the hours until bestie night.
and i'll dream of projects for the house.
and think of rainbows and unicorns and cotton candy instead.

because that's all a girl's to do.

p.s.  it's so bad, apparently, i forgot to pay my mortgage this month. who does that? even better: wells fargo called me at the office.  front desk girl transferred a call from "someone at wells fargo home financial" and the entire 3rd floor heard me laugh my way through the "i honestly forgot!" conversation with the man. this is why auditions are necessary for home ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger