tattoos

Thursday, August 11, 2011

True Blood: Sookie Stackhouse Costume

I'm kind of digging the idea of going as True Blood's Sookie Stackhouse in her Merlotte's waitress outfit as a halloween costume....

Anna Paquin as "Sooooookie" Stackhouse.


It'd be so easy and simple, which sometimes can be nice when doing a halloween costume. I usually don't do 'easy' or 'simple'. I tend to gravitate towards the 'annoying' and 'complicated', haha. Not always though. You try to learn from previous mistakes. For example, one year I went as the crabby witch from Snow White, with her poisoned apples. One of my all-time favorite villain's from Disney. The costume was fairly easy to do, minus for the prosthetic nose I was wearing. It was so annoying to wear that I vowed never to do that, again..!! Throughout the night I kept having to go to the washroom just to 'drain' the sweat and snot that kept collecting, and/or dripping from my nose. Fun.



A few years later..... We did a witch themed birthday party for my gf Lucy, which was perfect since her birthday is in October. Of-course the idea was mine since I'm a big fan of witches (especially the evil crusty kind that like to eat little children.) This time I decided to wear one of those over-the-head with attached elastic type of costume noses -- which was 100% better. It's nice too cause at least you have the option to slip it on and off all night.



Anyways. I do think the True Blood costume would be pretty fun -- and if you don't feel like being Sookie, you could always wear an auburn wig with some fangs and go as Jessica instead:



Another fun idea would be to carry a small tray with the Tru Blood beverage on it (blood orange carbonated drink basically):



Like this lovely lady I found online did..!! (at Wondercon 2010)

I'll probably stick to my usual more complicated ideas. Which I think I just decided this morning, on what I'll be going as. Like usual I might change my mind a million times, but right now this idea is sitting at the top of the list. It's something I've wanted to do for a while now but never got around to it... And I'm not telling you, cause I never reveal my halloween costumes before the big date. Not even to my bestest of best friends.  :)

You can buy the Merlotte's costume here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger