tattoos

Sunday, August 7, 2011

the good, the bad, and the ugly.


the good:

i made my bed three days in a row this week.  i'm not sure i've made my bed three days in the last year.
...
i spent my entire saturday holding that sweet baby - who's finally home and cord-free.
...
a spontaneous ice cream rendezvous with an old friend.  shanty girls: jacob cox does exist.
...
brooke booked a ticket to florida to join me on vacayyyyy!
...
a work week cut short + a weekend made long by spending friday at lagoon with my fav client, my fav co-worker, and my fav wife-of-a-co-worker.  and 100 transportation engineers. did i mention no kids?  that was funny.
...
scheming and scamming travel plans: disneyland in december with my mom, iceland in july with my dad.  y'all are invited.  unless you're my boyfriend.  then you're not. not until you're my husband.
...
volunteering for uta on wednesday night {to shout the new trax routes from the rooftops}and happppppening to be partnered up with the guy at the very top of the food chain. you guys, in business, this is big. and very fortuitious.
...
i donated blood this week.  you're welcome.
...
lunch with kera! a reunion at nordstrom, naturally.


the bad:

i swear bestie jen's been gone for a year.  is this exposure therapy or something?  getting me ready for a new shared life with a baby?  whatever it is, i'm over it.
...
i ripped a hole in my favorite skirt.  MY FAVORITE. i don't know if it's even recoverable.
...
i passed on a bucket of popcorn at the movies because eating food hurts too much. that stinks.
...
i love it when you're talking about something and your conversation gets bulldozed by someone who thinks they know better.  and even more when they do that laughing scoff at you in the meanwhile because they're obviously more informed and you obviously don't know what you're talking about.


the ugly:

the fact that today's fast sunday and i actually looked forward to it because it meant two meals that didn't hurt my insides. that's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger