tattoos

Sunday, June 19, 2011

the good, the bad, and the ugly.



the good:

hours and hours cooking in the kitchen with my favorite friends:  baby mama bristyl and baby grandma joy.  it brought me right back to my days as a babysitter in 1995.
...
a surprise message from college friend ryan - with a sondre lerche concert invitation.  yes, please!
...
mission: baby shower complete!  the napkins matched the drinks which matched the frosting on the cookies which matched the pom poms we hung from the trees which matched the {not-lame baby shower game} pencils.  matchy matchiness makes me a happy girl.
...
fiiiiinally breaking free and sharing bestie jen's baby-maker secret.
...
playing teri's greater than game
...
discovering my love for rhubarb.  who knew i loved rhubarb?!
...
finding 17 kinds of party napkins in my pantry.  i'm a napkin hoarder.
...
vanilla ice cream cones from the fancy mcdonald's in centerville with brooke.  seriously, it's posh.
...
a cash budget.... with $8 to spare when friday came around.


the bad:

proposal writing.  proposal writing.  proposal writing.
...
wearing the wrong shoes for a day of hiking through arch sites in the red sand in 100 degree temps.  my feet were buuuuurnnnnnninnnggggg.  i thought i'd be sitting in a conference room all day.  and they're easy to take on and off at airport security.  dsaidsakdakfh!
...
making 49 trips to the grocery store this week because i couldn't manage to remember everything on my grocery list.
...
paying cash for my gas... the lady gave me $53 in ones as change for $100.  she could have warned me.
...
hand writing five pages of my talk.... because i refuse to get 21st century in my home with a printer.


the ugly:

spending father's day away from my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger