tattoos

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

flying under the radar.


this morning i was asked to speak in church in my new ward on sunday.

&*(%$!

there are over 300 people at church each sunday... and they found me!
howwww?!
as i learn the ropes of the ward, i'm figuing out half the ward knows each other {leaders included} and then there are the rest of us.  so far, the "popular crowd" has ruled all.
using that to my full advantage, i've been flying completely under the radar.
you know - give one word answers when called upon.... and for sure, i never volunteer information or opinions.
i don't talk to strangers.
{except for that one time when the guy sitting behind me gave me that sly opening line of "is this your 'hungry little caterpillar' book?" so clearly left behind from some young family. oh, the charm!}
i don't go to any of the 321094853 extra-curricular activites they offer throughout the week.
and in standard aubry fare, i conduct my business, say amen and carry on my way.

i try to be inconspicuous in word and deed.... but i'm busted at my own game by way of bright lipstick and mismatched clothes.
that's not very under the radar, i realize.

i guess the quiet girl can't wear loud clothes.
not without a spiritual message and a microphone placed in front of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger