tattoos

Sunday, June 26, 2011

the good, the bad, and the ugly.


the good:

103 degrees with the top down and the air conditioning cranked to 4. 
...
3 days with my bestie.
...
a quick story telling session with scott bennion at the casablanca in mesquite, nv as he drove north to idaho and i drove south to las vegas.
...
discoverin the neiman marcus cafe. and their 3 cheese grilled cheese sandwich + posole soup. 
...
walking out of the britney show behind the stumbling, bumbling drunk mormon girl who only wore half her underwear.  and lots of lace all over.
...
a loooooooong talk, followed by a loooooooong concert with ryan.  his stories always blow my mind.
...
motivation to run.  and then actually running. and surviving.
...
the bucket full of strawberries i picked from the garden tonight at dusk.  and it looks like we're only a week out from a monster crop of peas. i should add, communing with my square of land. the deed to my house says its only 0.01 acre {25 x 15 feet}, but it's a perfect space for one.
...
a date!  i have a date.


the bad:

the mcdonald's diet coke in ogden that tasted like it was mixed half and half with orange drink.
...
proposal writing hurts my brain.
...
the internet SAID there was a madewell at fashion show mall.  but it closed. las vegas tourists have the worst taste. they replaced the space with a betsey johnson betseyville store or something equally as awful.
...
baby took jen down and out on the drive home from vegas. she better be getting prettier in there, or growing all her toes today.... or SOMETHING to have made all that road trip misery worthwhile.
...
so far, the magical elves haven't unpacked my bags or started my post-vacation laundry.  i wonder when they'll get started...
...
the neiman marcus server who felt it necessary to suggest the chicken artichoke dish instead of the grilled cheese.... because the grilled cheese had more calories.
...
not enough energy in the day to properly blog a blog about my trip to vegas with my bestie and ms. spears.


the ugly:

i've made a career or spilling my guts about all the dirty details of my {so far} failing dating life..... and now i've been set up on a blind date by one {a collective effort, really} of my very own blog readers.  even better: she's a client by day, blog reader by night.

oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger