tattoos

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: Real Nail Polish Strips. I'm sure you've all heard or seen these by now. These are the fun designed polish strips that you peel and apply, much like a sticker, onto your nails. They're pretty easy to use. My favorite part is the no dry time. I hate it when you paint your nails and then are 'stuck' waiting for them to dry. If you try to do something while they're wet 95% of the time you end up dinging your nail and then cursing till you burst a vein or something. That's at least what I do.

I remember these came out early last winter, first noticed ads in magazines in January, then bought my first pack in February. And no, I do not have the memory capabilities of an elephant. As a matter of fact my memory span is more of a hamster. I only remember this cause last february I applied my new nail strips for Amy's birthday dinner celebration and of-course took pictures to document it.  :)

Wearing the strips in the 'Girl Flower'.


 The second set I purchased was the leopard design, 'Kitty, Kitty' (haha, love that name.) I had originally bought this design for the Katy Perry concert, that was last month, and was planning to recreate this look:

Katy Perry for O.P.I Shatter collection.


I was planning to wear my purple wig, with big flower clips, and leopard print nails. I'd say I did a great job, wouldn't you agree...


Exactly the same, hey? haha, yeaaaaa, let's just say I was a little unorganized that day and threw together my look very last minute. The main reason why I didn't do my original idea is cause it was so hot that day and as soon as I put on my wig I really could only last maybe 2 minutes (if that) in it till I pretty much ripped it off my head. So, in a last minute panic I came up with this look instead. And my nail polish strips sat unused. Till now. I finally applied them the other night...


So this morning as I was brushing my teeth the most fantastic idea popped into my head: Wouldn't it be great if the Sally Hansen company came out with seasonal limited edition strips for such holidays as Halloween..!! Aaaaaahh! Isn't that a great idea?! I can already think of a million cool designs that they could come in -- bats, spiderwebs, or even something simple like orange and black stripes. And this really isn't a far fetched idea. I can totally picture something like this coming out. Since these polish strips arrived I've now seen so many different companies and versions of these. I don't know who was first but I've only tried the Sally Hansen ones so far. I can only hope to see some cute halloween type designs pop up in the near future. I would be first in line to purchase a pack, or even stock up on my favorites -- cause I would wear these year round. To me 'Halloween' isn't just an October thing....

Wearing my halloween earrings in May...
and would you believe, I got these little darlings from AVON..!!

xoxoxoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger