tattoos

Friday, August 12, 2011

Nail Art

I found these following photos online a little while ago and automatically was inspired to experiment and paint my nails in a similar fashion.



I like how this cute girl said she used Gloomy Bear as inspiration for her blood tipped manicure  :)


And.... here they are..!! (ps: don't pay attention to my nasty roots. Blech.)




I love the way they turned out. LOVE. Although I have to say, all the time and effort to paint your nails like this could be a little too high maintenance for my sometimes lazy ass. This 'project' took me two days to accomplish, haha -- sheesh. I painted the base color on Thursday night as I watched my LA Ink and Jersey Shore shows (no shame here, people!), and did the 'art' half the next day, while at work -- hahaa. All my friends know that fridays are my nail painting days.  ;)

I'm quite happy with the results, minus for the lightning bolt nail that more looks like a cracked Easter egg. However, when blended in with the rest the overall look works. I think. haha. I like the spiderweb (yes that's what that is) but know that one will get better with practice. My ultimate favs are the Gloomy Bear blood manicured ones, and the glitter tipped one. I think these might end up being my new regular looks for the next little while. And of-course the awesome leopard print one is the Sally Hanson Salon Effects nail polish strip(s). Yeah, if I could paint that well I'd quit my day job..!!

Anyhoooo, here's some close ups...


Oh, and I didn't mention, as it's kind of hard to tell in these pics, but the thumbs are cherry blossom trees.  :)

Now we'll see how long it takes till they start to chip. I'm gonna guess tomorrow. haha. Well, at least they looked good for one day....



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger