tattoos

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Blog about Blogging (and other things)

I guess this is an update on my blogging experience thus far. It's been fun and addicting, and very much so like keeping a diary. Of-course I am noticing that my blog mainly consists of either fashion related things or shopping. I also question if it's equivalent to an 8 year olds (mind)..?? Oh well. Some people are into politics while others are into stuffed toys. We're all different, right? Besides, I wonder if anyone is reading my blog anyways, haha. It sometimes feels like I'm talking to a wall. But, in a strange way I really don't mind...

Maybe I'm not that good at this because I never used to be good at keeping a diary in the first place. I never was a true diary type of person and only have (barely) kept two in my entire life, so far. I mainly started one cause it seemed like the thing to do, but really, in the end I just couldn't fully get into it. My first diary was when I was a preadolescent, you know, in that awkward-in-between stage. That diary was pretty pathetic. It had zero depth. I didn't talk about my feelings or desires, or life. I talked about what I ate for breakfast, and basically a day to day schedule of what I did.
"...today I ate some Corn Flakes for breakfast... I wore my green and black sweater with my levi jeans... We watched Back to the Future. I loved it... I love Michael J. Fox..." Yep. I once in a while pull that diary out and let me say, it's very very painful to read. I can't remember if I destroyed it or not....???

I like to call my second diary my 'Mid-Life Crisis', which was in my mid to late 20s. That one was the opposite and almost overly sensitive. It seemed that I only wrote in it when I was heavily depressed, and read more like this:
"I HATE MYSELF I HATE MYSELF I HATE MYSELF!"

I'm pretty sure I destroyed that one.

So, I guess we'll see how long this lasts, my 'diary' number three....

I need to get back into crafting and having my crafternoons. I've been in the crafting dumps, a bit of the old 'writers block'. I've been drawing a blank, and worse, having no motivation. No motivation for anything really. I've got a pile of laundry to fold and put away sitting in the spare bedroom that I can't even manage to get that simple task done. I've been trying to reline the kitchen cabinets, something that should take me an hour, maybe 45 minutes... It's been a month. I've done 2 cabinets/drawers per 2 weeks. At this rate I should be finished by December. Perfect. Just in time for the holidays.

I've been so over summer and reeeeeeally craving the fall time -- my favorite time of year. I like it when the weather cools down and jackets are required; when the air is crisp and all the trees change color. I like seeing all the Back to School stuff, and when all the thick fall magazine issues are out. AND, I look forward to halloween, and to halloween shopping. I love walking into any store and seeing witches and bats. I also enjoy pigging out on those mini halloween chocolate bars, but then again, I enjoy that year round.

And so, I'm going to finish off this entry with one very important question that's been plaguing me since July:
WHAT AM I GOING TO DRESS UP AS FOR HALLOWEEN THIS YEAR?!!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger