tattoos

Thursday, April 14, 2011

the.interview:bitsofcarey

Today I'd like to introduce you to a friend and food blogger. Carey Boucher Erasmus is a chef with her own food blog called bitsofcarey, click here to view her blog. Carey lives in Cape Town and works at the Pick 'n Pay Good Food Studio as a food consultant and she also writes a feature for crushmagonline. Here is a little more about Carey...

1.    Why did you start blogging?
To network with like-minded people (people in the food industry)

2.    What inspires you to blog regularly?
Other than the fact that I’m addicted and life feels out of sorts when I don’t, I get inspiration from the people around me, the workplace (at a cookery school), eating out(from a boerewors stand to a fine dining restaurant), having dinner at friends’ homes. Also, I have loyal readers that I don’t want to disappoint.

3.    Would you get a tattoo, what and where?
I never wanted one, a year ago, I woke and decided it was time. It’s on my upper back in the centre. It’s an infinity sign with vines growing around it with a date underneath it. The date is the day I had a bone marrow transplant to overcome leukemia. I am 4 years in remission. Go figure what the tat means.

4.    What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
Mmm.. I went to a 3 day “Reading festival” (huge music festival) in Bristol on my own. With my little chamo tent, cooler box and stuff. Why, I went on my own? Friends were not as passionate about seeing “Muse” etc as I was. Tickets were sold out, but I managed to get a ticket double the price – another crazy thing.) Me, amongst 20 000 people I didn’t know! Was fun though.

5.    If there is one thing you could accomplish in 2011, what is it?
To be an established food writer with lots of styling gigs and other opportunities.

6.    If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be with and why?
Jamie Oliver, I think he’ll be a laugh a minute, also I’d make him cook for me and then I’d convince him why I should be his food stylist for all his cookbooks – ching ching. Haha!


Here are some photos of delicious food cooked by Carey...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger