tattoos

Friday, April 29, 2011

as-is.

 andi + spencer {and olive and harrison} are in town this weekend.
yesterday was the day of our dreams:

tulie bakery
hip + humble
nordstrom
lunch at the bistro
{intermission at my office}
ikea
salt city burger
nordstrom rack

if there were 3 more hours in the day, we would have managed to squeeze in anthropologie and the j.crew outlet.  if only...

BUT!

look what we found in our final stretch at ikea.... in the as-is sale room!

two charcoal grey woolen armchairs.  for cheap. in perfect condition.

the chair/plate wall collection is everyone's favorite.  come to my house and see for yourself.  you're invited. 

they're deep and soft and wool {an unexpected fabric choice, no?} and i can curl up inside and they were cheap, yo.
i'm not talking ikea chip-board cheap... these are good.
real wood and real fabric. 
like, they don't come flat in a box. assembly not required. they didn't send me home with a allen key...
they're legit.

call it a 5th birthday present for my house.

staking out furniture in the as-is section is like camping in line for, like, the release of the newest vampire book.  you stay put and don't leave.  without a truck, and with no means to bribe ikea into saving them for me, we squatted over those chairs and pooled our smarts together and made a plan to get them 25 miles north to my house.

have i ever told you how often {and inconveniently timed} my phone dies?

spencer draped the chairs with diaper bags and strollers and goldfish cracker cups while i bolted to the car to charge my phone for just long enough to track down the phone numbers of my nearest truck-driving people.

thankfully, julie was 5 minutes away with a truck and completely willing to drop everything and come to my rescue.

i've got good friends, people.  i keep trying to tell you.  do you believe me yet?  it blows my mind everyday.


the whole family came for a late night furniture delivery party.
i even roped greg into re-arranging my furniture.
{perks of having a dad-friend!}

of course, nothing happened very quickly.... because we were all completely distracted by this guy:



you'd have a hard time doing anything but staring at him, too.  he's the happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger