tattoos

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious {let the birthday celebrating begin}.

bestie jen is the definition of go-big-or-go-home.

i'm told there will be a birthday party in a couple months that will be worth all 30 of my living years, but i'm choosing to compartmentalize that into a little box in the attic of my head and lock the doors. the attention has me a little anxiety ridden.

but she knows me well enough to know quality time, doing quality things is the way to aubry-happiness. a la mary poppins at the capitol theater. 


mary!
my doppelganger!

and what does bestie jen do? she buys the best seats available in that fancy theater. close enough to the stage to go without glasses.

fifth row center, people.
we had perfect seats.

it was theBEST show. dreams-come-true worthy.
that mary... she doesn't mess around. she doesn't apologize. she says it like she means it. and she's always right.
it's no wonder i love that woman.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious was a fab {fab, FAB} number... so much to look at, so much, so fast, happening on that stage. it was like candy.
{watch this}
and step in time... what a dream. {vid here.}
i heard the sound of jen's breath being taken away and had to check in on her.  sure enough, she was crying.
if they were tapping to the sound of the currant bush or something, i probably would have cried, too, but...

honestly, i don't know when mary poppins made her way into my life. i had no special attachment to her as a child. i haven't see the movie in years and years. i don't think she meant anything to me until the night i sat down to blogger.com to create this space of mine.
how she came into my life, i'll never know.
but she's here... and she's my woman... and seeing her larger than life {literally flying above my head with her carpet bag and umbrella and perfect shoes} was PRACTICALLY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

let the birthday celebrations begin!

thank you bestie jen!
everyone thank bestie jen for me. she really knows how a proper celebration is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger