tattoos

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

how do i love thee, twitter? let me count the ways.


three twitterific things today:

1.  my mom got a twitter handle. i'm sure there are plenty of moms with twitter accounts, but do they deliver anti-aging and beauty tips in 140 characters or less?  mine does.

2.  this morning i spend an hour and a half explaining how to incorporate social networking into our public outreach efforts to a room of engineers and environmental planners. i was the only one in the room with a facebook profile or twitter account. all of that just in preparation for tomorrow's meeting in front of the client.  by the end of the firing squad q+a, i needed a nap. i felt like i was defending my religion. 

3.  twitter is the place that connects really awesome, famous people to you and i. really great celebs will tweet back... those sweet thangs.  and i'm not talking about RTs {that means retweet for all you untweeters}. i'm talking about real conversations with real famous people. real famous people like emily henderson {@em_henderson in twitter world...} my style and design idol and the pioneer woman {@thepioneerwoman} my domestic goddess idol. BOTH of whom tweeted me today, making us all practically best friends by now and my best twitter day ever.

by the way: when you're a tweeter, i can't help but think of you, and refer to you in my mind, as your twitter handle name. some people use their name... easy. some people, like me, use a different name, like @justlikemarypop.  chris harrison, mr. bachelor, bach-ette, and bach pad?  in my mind, he's chrisbharrison. neil patrick harris?  he's actuallynph. bravo king andy cohen?  bravoandy.
terms of endearment, really. it's better than being on a first name basis... which is basically what twitter does for a girl... it gives her 34643 famous best friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger