tattoos

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Capitol Theatre

Once again High School Confidential is playing on my iTunes which could only mean one of two things: I'm drinking, or it's time to blog. I am doing both, but it's pomegranate raspberry green tea this time.  ;)

And actually, the other song I have on repeat lately is Lady Gaga's, Bloody Mary. Loooooove it. It somehow makes me think of Marilyn Manson -- then again, Lady Gaga is kind of a female version of him. Anyways....

I don't know what's going on with Mother Nature but this weekend was absolutely gorgeous. It's fall and we're having better weather than some of our summer. So because of the beautiful weather (and some free passes) me and Jarred decided to go to Fort Edmonton Park yesterday, my ultimate favourite city attraction. I was saying how it's my own personal 'Disneyland' -- haha, but totally not really. Well, it is and it isn't. I definitely geek out on history stuff -- love looking at old photos/buildings/possessions from the past; thinking of what life was like once upon ago. I'm also so attracted to the victorian era and the creepiness of it all. I really love the clothing from that period too. So of-course Fort Ed would be my kind of place to hang. I always make sure to go at least once every summer (or in this case, twice), and this time we were going for a specific reason: to see the new Capitol Theatre. The building is the re-creation of Edmonton's original Capitol Theatre, circa 1929.
Capitol Theatre 1920's period.


And now...






Even with the same pipe shop next door...




We were able to view the short film 'Northern Light', which was about Edmonton's history and very well done. I was quite surprised at the quality of the theatre.


That was pretty much all we did. Like I said, we specifically went to view the new theatre. Plus the park is HUGE, and of-course we've walked through it a million times already. It was just way too hot for that, haha. We also went to the 1920s Midway, which sits right at the entrance of the park, and right beside the theatre, pretty much. So that worked out nice cause I got to snap some photos, and force Jarred to ride the carousel with me.  :)

Jarred looking super impressed.  ;)


My horsie. Damnit, I just realized something. I should have gotten Jarred to take a photo of me humping my horse, HAHAHAA. No really. It's a personal joke that came about from this years Girls Camping Trip. So now whenever there's a horse in the room I have to hump it.


Anyways, we decided not to ride the crickety ferris wheel because it's too scary -- LOL! No, for real. This thing is more scary than a roller coaster.
Photo I took from a previous year visiting the park...

Yay! I love the Midway!!! -- haha...


I guess I can throw in a 'Fashion Diary' shot in here. Of-course I'm fully covered in my sweaty outfit when it's hotter than hell outside:

I put together a nice combo shot -- one from 2009, and yesterday's. I like how I'm wearing pink in both photos. Aaaah, I feel hot and sweaty just looking at my outfit...

From earlier in the day, running errands and shit. I bought my new purse from the halloween store, hahahaa. It's cool but kind of sucks. You can't carry much and there's NO inside pockets. Everything gets mish mashed tangled inside. Oh well, I guess it'll be good when I'm only carrying 2-3 things...??? I do like my Princess Leia-ish hair buns though. The cashier at Michael's said I looked like Mrs. Lovett -- the Angela Lansbury version from 1979's Sweeney Todd:
HAHAHAA! That's awesome. This is my first time looking up these pictures, cause I had no idea there ever was an Angela Lansbury version on Mrs. Lovett. I like it.


xoxoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger