tattoos

Thursday, March 24, 2011

a few randoms.

1.  get your booty on the floor tonight:


i take control of the radio when we run to the gas station for diet cokes.  and when a really good song comes on the y2k pop station {and by good, i mean music from my high school years like boyz ii men or k-ci and jo jo... nothing my dad engineer friends would ever approve of} i'll turn the radio up real loud and roll the windows down.... giving everyone around us a "i saw the strangest thing today" moment.  i mean, imagine if you were driving next to a very conservative, plaid shirt wearing 40 year old who was listening to "all my life.... i prayed for someone like you..." really really loud? 

today's poison was technotronic's pump up the jam:

pump up the jam
pump it up
...
get your booty on the floor tonight

and then my 40 year old conservative engineer friend told me we needed to change the channel because that song brought back some really embarassing memories. 

... and the entire car filled itself with awkwardness.

2.  goooooo wildcats!


a conversation:

jen: miss?
aubry: here.
jen:  are you in your blue and red?
aubry: uh, what? how did you know? where are you? are you spying on me?
jen: good girl.
aubry: oh, right.  for az.  wow, that's lucky.

i happpppened to be wearing a perfect combo of red white and blue today..... but not for the wildcats.  i've got duke going to the final four.

3.  are you ready to give me six weeks?


last week was the company health fair.  it was also the day i realized i forgot my computer at home and had to trek back north if i wanted to get any work done.  

completely irritated at the inconvenience of a mid-day hour drive, i stopped by the health fair to pass along a few messages and update beth on my schedule.  beth was at bootcamp jess's booth.  before i fully approached his table, i heard the meanest, roughest, gruffest drill sargeant voice.

 jess:  are you ready to give me six weeks?
aubry: uh, what?
jess: i'll get you in the best shape of your life and i'll get you off of that stuff {pointing to my ice cold, 32 oz diet coke from the fountain} *babble about tablespoons of sugar and the consquences of sipping myself into a slow and painful death*
aubry:  look, it's diet.
jess:  it's all the same.  the saccharin..... *more babble*

and then, with all the genetically-endowed body language i could gather, i turned my body away from him

aubry:  aaaaaaaanyway.  beth, i need to run home. but while i'm gone, will you make a change to the meeting summary and send it to laura so she can complete the categorical exclusion and forward it to the client? 

and i walked away before he could bend me over his knee and spank me 32 times.

he's coming back today for more recruits.  if i didn't think the bones in my hand would shatter upon impact, i'd like to give him a punch in the gut for treating me like an idiot during his sales pitch.

4.  facebook fight:


last night i got into a facebook fight with my bestie over american idol.  it was hidden in a wall post, but i'm sure the masses would have love to see our friendship crumble over something so petty. namely, james durbin.
my argument:  he loves himself, he's flashy, showy, and really screetchy, reminds me of adam lambert, and wears a tail.
her argument: he's a throwback, vintage, classic rocker.  and as a lover of the 80s rock scene, his song selection deserves respect.
but he wears a tail.

we'll have to agree to disagree. we entered this friendship knowing our musical taste could not be more different *ilikepaulmcdonaldandhisreallywhiteteeth*

at least we're not arguing about naima's dance moves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger