tattoos

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

whoa.

before i even had a chance to blog about my race for the cure event, my mind was swept away by the kindness and generosity of an anonymous stranger.

seriously - how, why, what drives people to be so nice? i don't know what it is, but boy am i grateful to be the recipient.

you see, my mom has breast cancer. this we know.
and the susan g. komen 5k is coming up.
as promised, i've created a team.
it's called "batting our lashes"
because my mom's eyelashes are way more important to her than any other body part she may lose in her fight against breast cancer.

my original goal was $200.
let this be a lesson to me.
never aim for mediocre...
aim higher.

the generosity of a stranger just blew my mind. and my goal... it blew that cute thermometer graphic right out of its top.

so i raised my goal.

$500.

we can do it.
{just like my mom... who can go to radiation everyday and zap that cancer out of her body.}

so, join me.

run {or walk.} or donate. either way.

may 8th
gateway mall
8:30 a.m.

details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger