tattoos

Sunday, April 18, 2010

the simple things

so you know how there are just those little things that make you laugh or smile? simple, silly little things that brighten your day. my friend S once shared her "simple joy" with me and to this day i remember how much we laughed in that moment. you know the pilsbury rolls that you pull and as it unwraps around the roll, all of a sudden it POPS! well that's her little moment. it's nothing special to many people but we even got the camera out to try and capture the look on her face at that second.

well today, i made banana muffins. only a few people have witnessed the banana muffin making process but my "simple joy" is definitely a part of this process. so today, as a peeled the frozen bananas and they PLOPPED out of their skin and into the bowl, i laughed out loud thinking of how many times that simple act has made me laugh.

i feel like this is the point where my dad would say "simple things amuse simple minds!" but it's so funny! you will have to try it for yourself to experience the simple joy! there are people out there who will vouch for me, i know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger