tattoos

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

surrendering the title.

sometimes, in moments of panic
i take lightly the grave things of my world
like the constant flow of
incoming calls
visits
places to go
responsibilities to tend to
and the regular maintenance of life
i don't give the real things the proper attention they deserve

but given a minute to breath
to be alone, at last
... not long after i realize the speed at which my mind is racing
and recognize the compounding chaos of too many electronic devices in my ears and on my mind...
say, during an 8 am solo flight on the freeway
i've been known to fall to tears

enough tears to take away all three layers of freshly applied mascara
and to fill the elevator with awkwardness upon entering

despite my best efforts
2010 made me the adult i thought i was exempt from being
i've gone beyond
beyond
beyond
my annual quota of tears

i'm forced to surrender my title of
heartless, emotionless girl who doesn't cry.

the runner up/first attendant can carry out the term of my reign.
i bet her mom doesn't have cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger