tattoos

Monday, June 28, 2010

easy street.

i rode a bike this weekend.

big deal, no?


YES.

i think i was 8 years old the last time i sat myself down on a bike... whizzing down the hill to the bottom of the cul-de-sac with the neighbor kids.

i had the pink and purple one with pom pom frill hanging from the handle bars.
{you know the one?}

just as they saying goes "it's like learning to ride a bike"
i hopped on sandy's beach cruiser and whizzed around easy street {they really do live on easy street. lucky.} like i was 8 years old all over again.

and right there, the 20 year gap was bridged and i became the kid that wanted to play outside on my bike with all my neighbor friends until my parents {or uncle, in this case} called me in for supper.

i want a bike.

ignoring the logistics - like, riding it to the grocery store and only buying enough to fit in the "11 lb. max load" basket - a cruiser has comfortably made its way to the top of my wish list. that, and a friend to ride around the neighborhood with until i call myself in for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger