tattoos

Monday, May 24, 2010

the dress that got away.

dress.
is.
perfection.


this dress and i - we had a few special moments.
yet, i let it get away.
it's been on my mind all weekend.
i can't shake it.
did i give up too easily?
i thought that dress and i were meant to be.
fit me like a glove.
my pride prevents me from pleading my case, but i wonder...
if i put up a good solid fight for it, could it be mine?
like, a real fight.

but... then i think,
there are better dresses out there for me.
ones that are a more perfect.
{sweet words i tell myself, hoping someday i'll actually convince myself they're true.}
jen says i can do better than that dress.
and even if i choose this dress right now, eventually i'll see...
that dress isn't good enough for me.
i deserve a dress with a little more character.
...and a little less uniform.

hmmph.
hopefully i'll figure that out for myself real soon.
because as of now
i still want that dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger