tattoos

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aperture, ISO, shutter speed - oh my!

So along with my new blogging obsession, I have decided that I want to learn more about my camera (finally). I know...it's about time! I've been reading and reading online and looking to friends for information, guidance and inspiration. I have found an amazing website, through the blogging world which has a really "normal" "technologically impaired" way of explaining the functions on a camera and when and how to use each one. I have been "creeping" through photos that my friend have posted on facebook, and found that I have some very talented friends. I have been taking pictures of my class because I figure they are my best subjects, but today I was so disappointed with the results! Boo! I have alot to learn!! Tomorrow I will try again. New settings, new plans, same cute faces. Why do I get these obsessions?
Anyway, I want to share with you the amazing website that I found. It is http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ You will love it I promise!
I asked my friend Matt if it was okay for me to write about him in this blog because he has always been supportive when it comes to photography but has also been encouraging me for a long time to get a better camera or at least learn more about my own. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine camera but I tend to use it on the dreaded AUTO setting. *cringe* Anyway, back to why I want to write about Matt. He's taken on a new project. He says he's been putting it off for a while because of "fear of commitment" but has recently made the big leap. Matt is challenging himself to take a picture a day for an entire year. It challenges him to use his camera everyday and to find something that he feels is photo-worthy. I think that it is such a cool idea and I have to admit I have been frequenting his flickr page to check for updates! I love to look at what has sparked his interest that day. I like to look at the picture and try to figure out what techniques he was using. I also like to flip through Matt's flickr page and look at photos he has taken and what settings he had his camera on to get the shot to look just so. And in my opinion, he is a fantastic photographer. My brain just won't stop thinking photography!

Here is the address for Matt's 365 set. Check it out! Maybe you'll be inspired too! (See photo above - one of my faves from this set).

I don't think I am ready for the commitment yet...someday I will be and I will be sure to share. Thanks Matt for sharing! And all you photographers out there - let's see what you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger