tattoos

Sunday, September 19, 2010

i.am.over.it.

I have decided that I am OVER THE FRINGE!
I have just got a mini-promotion with my job, I am not really the Corporate Relationship Manager anymore, I am now the Contract Manager/Project Manager for a really big tender we recently won. It is the PDO (Petroleum Development Oman) tender to do all their advertising and publishing - this is a huge project and there was great excitement when we won it! Internally we need someone to co-ordinate the whole thing and be the key contact person for PDO and I am the chosen one! My CEO has given me the challenge and the opportunity and I am so excited and honored. This is going to be a really big project, but I am going learn a lot and my experience will be incredibly valuable. The link between this and my fringe is that we had our "START UP" meeting this morning with the PDO team, and now I am the business head and with my fringe hanging in my face - I really don't feel very professional... it really makes me feel like a gypsy. To reiterate my point; yesterday, while in the office and dressed in my suite with my new fringe, a random colleague said to me "Have you just come from a rock concert?!" Ha ha ha - that should explain it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger