tattoos

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the.journey.update.

Oman being the new chapter in my life (well it's not so new anymore as I have been in Oman for 5 months now - okay for a chapter in a life, 5 months is still pretty new) is well under way... things are happening, my life is changing, I am learning, I am being challenged and most importantly, I am happy.

My job is going well, I am really happy how things have turned out with my mini-promotion to be the Business Manager for our new client PDO (Petroleum Development Oman). I have been rather busy, this is a happy busy not a frustrated busy, and I am really enjoying managing the account and the projects and the people. Being organized is one of my favourite things and I am thoroughly enjoying "organizing" this project!

My life is great, I have learnt new things about myself, I have grown as a person and I have learnt how to live and survive in one of the weirdest places in this world - the Middle East! I fought really hard while looking for a job - it was incredibly challenging, and finally when I heard the words "YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!" I was the happiest person in the world, and I was told them on my birthday - even happier! It was finally confirmed that I should be in Oman and not somewhere else where life is easier and getting a job is easier. The best part of it is that I know I did it on my own, and to be honest this job is really worth the wait - I am so glad I didn't just accept some crummy job in sales or something like that! Ok, enough about the job thing. I have really got good at camping while being here, this is because we find some remote and deserted, yet stunningly beautiful place, and set up camp just about every second weekend! It's great cos Friday can come along and she loves it more than we do. I have also tested the "adventurous" side of me, with jumping off 10m high cliffs into crystal clear mountain water, and snorkeling in the deep blue ocean, and jumping off more cliffs. Life is great in Oman, "it's what you make of it" applies heavily to living in Oman, if you don't get out and do it - you won't enjoy your time here!

Ok, I think that is enough for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger