tattoos

Sunday, September 12, 2010

hip, hip...

today marks five {5!!} years at urs corp.
have i ever told you how much i love my job?

someday i'll tell you how i landed this sweet job...
and how watched after/taken care of i was by the Man who knows better and sees the end from the beginning.

6 bosses.
 {1 that made me cry every day for a year, and another who thought she was my boss...}
6 raises.
3209583320 client lunches.
30436281059874824329747328 meetings in conference rooms.
3279843626542173190839325677843658443920 phone calls.
one death threat
3 creepster clients that hit on me, repeatedly.
1825 days that i've reminded everyone i know how much i love my job.
2 weeks of vacation a year...
which becomes 3 weeks of vacation...
can i get a hallelujah?


but today, i'm celebrating by sitting at work... when i ought to be in relief society,
preparing for a load of meetings in st. george this week,
{and a round of golf - my new favorite hobby}
and
roadtripping 4 hours with 6 of my co-workers.
what's better than that on a sunday afternoon???
engineers... mmm... love them.

friday, i celebrated by trading the car in for the company minivan, while the mechanic took care of a transmission flush and tune up.
that means i've been driving the sweet minivan alllll weekend long
which BARELY fit in the garage
{that tells me i'm more of a station wagon kind of girl...}


saturday, i celebrated by waking up at 5:45 a.m.
to cheer on 15 of my fav co-workers in a marathon relay...
which kiiind of made me wish i was running the race.
i love my job.
and i'm so grateful for it.
i love my co-workers.
i love what i do.
i even love it when it's really really hard.

i'm the luckiest girl alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger